Introduction to "Close the Glass Loop", the European ambition to connect the glass packaging ecosystem
This project has many objectives:
- To increase the glass collection up to 90% by 2030;
- To increase the quality of recycled glass;
- To promote selective collection of glass to increase the quality of untreated cullet;
- To optimize sorting and treating systems.
All this by exchanging knowledge and best practices through a collaborative platform. Stakeholders of the sector can make a difference and improve the circularity of glass in line with EU recycling targets for 2030.
The 13 founders partners are committed to the Close the Glass Loop project:
- FEVE: the European Container Glass Federation;
- FERVER: the European Federation of Glass Recyclers;
- CEEV: the Comité Européen des Entreprises Vins;
- EFBW: European Federation of Bottled Waters;
- UNESDA: Soft Drinks Europe;
- EXPRA: Extended Producer Responsability Alliance;
- PROsPA represented by CITEO: Producer Reponsability Organisations Packaging Alliance;
- Municipal Waste Europe;
- AIJN: European Fruit Juice Association;
- PROFEL: European Association of Food and Vegetable Processors.
They expressed their interest in the project through a symbolic video:
More information on the “Close the Glass Loop” programme is available on the website : https://closetheglassloop.eu/.